We have a vision for what a borough of sanctuary could and should look like. We believe that in order to be a true place of sanctuary for migrants, refugees and asylum seekers the following steps should be taken:
- Ensure children in need have access to free school meals (including children of parents who have No Recourse to Public Funds)
- Eliminate barriers to integration, such as issues with opening bank accounts
- End immigration checks and upfront charging in the NHS
- Offer ESOL classes to help with integration
- Ensure GP practices allow people to register, regardless of their housing situation or immigration status
- And much more!
Can you help us raise awareness about this campaign and pledge your support?